2020 was a year for the books with the introduction of an entirely new way to think about weddings. The pandemic has changed a lot of couples expectations for their big day. And we are seeing 2021 bring forth similar trends from last year, with a few nuances. Here are the top 10 wedding trends that we have noticed for 2021!
1. Intimate weddings: Whether you're planning an elopement or a small guest count event, intimate weddings with your family and friends can create a relaxed, romantic, and meaningful celebration with people closest to you! They can also take the stress out of the year long planning process, and give you time to spend more with your loved ones.
Micro weddings / backyard weddings - We’ve seen a number of couples really dive into making their backyard a great space to cater to a small intimate group of guests. Having a micro wedding or an event in your backyard can really make things memorable especially when celebrating in your own home!
Photographer: Adventure Instead, https://adventureinstead.com/
2. Personalized guest gifts: Personalized guest gifts have been a trend for a while now but we’re seeing more creative gifts such as custom welcome boxes for guests that include masks and sanitizers. Additionally, we’re seeing couples send gifts out via mail to their guests for their virtual ceremony as well!
The Chai Box is an awesome option if you know your guests like chai and appreciate a little gift set to “spice” up their day.
3. Custom cocktails/drinks: A fun trend that has been popping up at weddings are drink carts! Include you and your fiancées favorite drink at the bar for your guests to enjoy. Drink carts keep your guests refreshed and add a unique element to your event!
LA chai cart is a great way to serve up some evening chai and snacks for your guests!
4. Incorporating sustainability: Couples are starting to incorporate zero-waste practices into their wedding to keep our environment clean! Some of trends have eco-friendly touches such as, hiring vendors with sustainable missions, crafting a locally grown or plant-based food menu and providing bio-degradable or reusable table-ware.
Going paperless on invitations and programs or opting for compostable materials, using local vendors and artisans, biodegradable wedding confetti.
http://jp-design.co.za/ Instagram: Jp____design
5. Virtual Weddings - Live streaming weddings offer a COVID-safe experience, without having your guests miss out on the celebrations and special moments. They can even send their wishes with virtual video booths and guest books to make it an even more special occasion!
There are a number of awesome tools becoming available for virtual events - www.eventology.us is a great virtual wedding streaming services that does everything from the planning itself, to HD video rental equipment for your big day.
6. Unique color pallets: Add a unique color pallet that speaks to you. Couples are opting for more earth tones rather than traditional blush and champagne colors.
Terra-cotta, sage, rusty orange, forest green
7. Intricate and dynamic table-scapes: Couples are focusing on enhancing their table-scapes, especially for intimate ceremonies. Dynamic table-scapes can add elements that give your reception .
Including unique floral and decor elements. Insta-worthy table-scapes for you and your guests to snap pics of.
Left: Decor https://vpimpressions.com/
Right: Decor https://www.bluelotusinsights.com/
8. Outdoor wedding experience: Backyard / outdoor weddings are a great place to incorporate nature and create a soothing and calming atmosphere for your guests and yourselves!
Incorporating nature through a backyard, garden, greenhouse or woodsy wedding. Adding elements such as wildflowers and fairy lanterns to your outdoor wedding can bring that beautiful fairytale feel.
9. Lighting: Lighting is always a great way to add some sparkle to your wedding. We’ve seen a ton of backyard weddings with beautiful market lights and lanterns that really add to the intimate mood of the ceremony.
Vintage light bulbs, neon signs, unique lighting pendants, and market lighting can all be great ways to “bring more light” into your wedding ceremony or reception!
Right: Decor https://www.bluelotusinsights.com/
10. DIY: Many couples are transitioning away from traditional wedding styles and are adding their own flare! By DIY-ing your wedding you can add and make elements that are unique to you and your significant other! DIY-ing your own wedding means that you can customize your budget and find the vendors that fit your style perfectly.
Dildiya’s planning tools are a great way to ease yourself into the DIY wedding planning process. Checkout dildiya.com/planning-tools for all your DIY wedding planning needs!
We hope these trends give you inspiration for your 2021 wedding vision!